A quick FAQ on how to connect to your Pipe Ten shared hosting account and upload files using the web development application Dreamweaver.
Setting up your FTP details in Dreamweaver
- Locate the FTP details you’ll need to connect to the server. These are:
- FTP Username (This can be different or shorter than your control panel username). (Figure 1)
- FTP Password (This is by default the same as your control panel password but if modified will be different). (Figure 2)
- FTP Host name (This is the server/host name on which your account resides). (Figure 3)
Uploading pages to the server
- Check the ‘Files’ menu within Dreamweaver is enabled. Window > Files (or pressing the F8 key).
- Click the Expand to show local and remote sites.
- Click the ‘Put File(s)’ arrow to upload your files to you remote host. They will then be uploaded to the location you defined when you setup the FTP settings.
- Click the ‘Get File(s)’ arrow to download your files to your local host.
- They will then be downloaded to your local website folder.
NOTE: These instructions are made for Dreamweaver CS4 on a Windows machine, they may differ from the version of Dreamweaver you are using. Further instructions such as connecting without a formal site definition can be found in the Dreamweaver manual.
Rate this post